Ask Your Question

How do I edit the title of an existing article?

asked 2016-11-16 21:50:17 -0500

I would like to hyphenate two words ("Self Employed Women's Association" to "Self-Employed Women's Association") in an article I have been working on for a couple months. I know this is the correct punctuation from literature and hope to align this Wikipedia page with these sources.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-12-09 18:04:53 -0500

updated 2016-12-09 18:06:17 -0500

You move the page to the new title, leaving behind a redirect from the old title. Assuming you're using the default 'Vector' skin, look for 'Move' on the drop-down menu called 'More' just to the right of the search box near the top of the page. You will need to be a confirmed editor (10 edits and 4 days) to see the drop-down.

Please remember that if others disagree, you may be reverted. This procedure is only suitable for uncontroversial moves. There's help at

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

[hide preview]

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2016-11-16 21:50:17 -0500

Seen: 113 times

Last updated: Dec 09 '16